- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
One to keep you warm on those delightful Autumn evenings.
- 6 potatoes medium, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion medium, chopped
- 600 g beef mince lean
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 carrots peeled, finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery finely chopped
- 200 g red kidney beans can
- 200 g corn kernels can
- 410 g chopped tomato can
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 4 tbsp worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup light milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup tasty/cheddar cheese shredded
- Cook potato in a large saucepan of boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 8 minutes or until browned.
- Add garlic, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add beans, corn, tomato paste, tomato, stock, worcestershire sauce and curry powder. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender & liquid thickens. Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- Drain water from potatoes. Return to saucepan over low heat. Mash. Stir in milk and butter. Remove from heat. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon mince mixture into a deep rectangular 6-cup capacity ovenproof dish. Top with mash. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.