Creamy Tomato Chicken and Bacon Rollini
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
Whip this up for a yummy weekday meal.
- 350 g rollini pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion halved, thinly sliced
- 6 slices shortcut bacon fat trimmed, sliced 1cm thick
- 1 large chicken breast sliced 1cm thick
- 1 bunch asparagus trimmed, cut into 4cm sticks
- 8 button mushrooms sliced 1/2cm thick
- 1 cob corn kernels shaved off cob
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 200 ml passata
- 300 ml thickened cream light
- 1 handful fresh parsley finely chopped
- black pepper freshly ground
- parmesan cheese (if desired)
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling water and salt, following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Heat 1tbsp olive oil in a deep non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Add onions and bacon. Cook for 3 min until browned and remove from pan. Return pan to heat and add chicken. Cook for 3 min either side or until brown. Add to onions and bacon. Return pan to heat.
- Add remaining oil to the pan. Place asparagus, mushrooms and corn kernels in the pan. Stir-fry for 3min or until mushrooms are soft. Season with garlic salt.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add passata, cream and parsley to the vegetables. Return bacon, onions and chicken to the pan. Stir for 1 minute or until sauce is heated through. Season generously with black pepper. Serve on rollini with parmesan cheese.