Crunchy, Crispy Home-Baked Croutons
- Yield: 1 large salad worth
- Ready In:
Add these to any salad to give it that little extra oomph!
- 3 slices thick-cut bread day-old, whatever type you desire
- 2 bread rolls (as an alternative)
- 1/4 cup olive oil light
- 1/2 tbsp onion flakes
- 1/2 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp black pepper coarsely ground
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded or flaked
- Preheat oven to 160C (320F). Line a shallow baking tray with aluminium foil and spray lightly with oil.
- Tear the bread into thick chunky bite-sized pieces and spread to make a single layer over the tray.
- Season the bread with onion flakes, garlic salt, mixed herbs, black pepper and olive oil. Shake pan to ensure bread is evenly coated. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10-15min or until crispy and golden brown. Serve warm/cold on salad.
(Store any remaining croutons in airtight container for up to a week)