- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
Traditional paella calls for many different types of seafood but for the not-so-keen-seafood-lover, this is perfect!
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chorizo thinly sliced, diagonally
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 medium red onion halved, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli (if unavailable, 1/2 tsp chilli powder)
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 medium red capsicum thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 400 g chopped tomato canned
- 3 cup chicken stock
- 20 small green prawns peeled, deveined
- 1 cup frozen peas
- fresh parsley chopped
- lemon wedges
- Combine saffron and 1 tablespoon warm water in a jug. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan, over medium-high heat. Cook chorizo, stirring, for 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Add chicken to pan. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to pan. Add onion, garlic, chilli and paprika to pan. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until onion has just softened. Add capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until rice is coated. Add saffron mixture, tomato and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until rice is almost tender.
- Return chicken and chorizo to pan. Stir in prawns and peas. Cover. Cook for 3 minutes or until prawns and peas are cooked through. Serve topped with parsley and lemon wedges.