VN:R_U [1.9.22_1171]Easy vodka penne,
Easy Vodka Penne
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
We had this at our wedding and it was divine!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion small, diced
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (400g or 14 ounce)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 250 ml heavy cream (1/2 pint)
- 400 g penne pasta
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute onion in butter until slightly brown and soft. Pour in vodka and let cook for 5 min. Mix in crushed tomatoes, parsley, basil and oregano and cook for 20 minutes. Pour in heavy cream and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water and salt to the boil. Cook penne according to packet instructions. Drain, combine with sauce and serve.