Fast Homemade Crescent Rolls
- Yield: 12 large rolls
- Ready In:
A quick way to have homemade crescent rolls with Bisquick
- 1 envelope (1/4 oz) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water 105-115 degrees
- 3-3 1/2 cups Bisquick all-purpose baking mix
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- all-purpose flour
- Combine yeast and warm water in a 1-cup measuring cup; let stand 5 min.
- Combine 3 c. baking mix and sugar in large bowl; gradually stir in yeast mixture.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface, knead, adding additional baking mix as needed, until dough is smooth and elastic (about 10 min.)
- Roll dough into a 12-inch circle; cut into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges, starting at wide end, to form crescent shape. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85 deg), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 425 deg. F. Bake 10-12 min. or until golden
- Rolls may be frozen for up to 2 months. Just bake for 5 min. and cool completely, then wrap in aluminum foil, and freeze in an airtight container. Thaw at room temp and bake at 425 for 7-8 min.