VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Homemade Granola/Muesli Bars,
Homemade Granola/Muesli Bars
- Yield: 24 bars (24 Servings)
- Ready In:
Easy to make with wholesome ingredients. Absolutely delicious daily breakfast.
- 3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1.5 cup wholemeal flour
- 1.5 cup craisins
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 egg lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C). Line and spray with oil a 9x11 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, wheat germ, cinnamon, flour, craisins, choc chips and salt. Make a well in the centre, and pour in the honey, egg, oil, vanilla, and apple sauce. Mix well using your hands or a wooden spoon.
- Pat the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Pack tightly to 1/2 in. thickness - it doesn't have to fill the pan.
- For soft bars, bake for 13-15 minutes in the preheated oven, until the bars begin to turn golden at the edges. If you prefer them crunchier, add up to 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Cut into bars while still warm. Do not allow the bars to cool completely before cutting, or they will be too hard to cut.