VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Homemade Vegetable Soup,
Homemade Vegetable Soup
- Yield: 1 medium pot
- Ready In:
You can do this with all sorts of veges. This recipe just happened to be the result of whatever I had in the fridge that day and mmmmmm, it was delicious!
- 4 cup chicken stock
- 2 large carrots peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- 3 small potatoes peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 small sweet potato peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 small brown onion peeled and diced
- 3 large celery stalks diced
- 1 quarter cabbage finely sliced
- 410 g diced tomatoes canned
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley and basil chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh crusty bread toasted
- Boil chicken stock in a deep, medium-sized pot at medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, potatoes, sweet potato, brown onion, celery, cabbage, diced tomatoes, parsley and basil. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer for 30min or until carrots are tender.
- Taste and add salt and pepper, if desired. Serve hot with fresh bread.