Lactose-free Bechamel Sauce
- Yield: 2 cups
- Ready In:
A light alternative sauce for lasagnes and over broccoli for those lactose-sensitive stomachs.
- 0.25 cup dairy-free butter/margarine (alternative: 1/4 cup vegetable oil)
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 2.5 cup lactose-free light milk (alternative: Lactose-free full-cream milk / Soy milk)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated, to taste (unnecessary for related recipe: 'Delicious Lactose-free Beef Lasagne')
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a medium-sized saucepan on medium-low heat. Add butter. When melted, stir in flour until a smooth texture is formed.
- While continually stirring to keep the sauce smooth, add ~1tbsp of milk to the pan. Stir until blended. Repeat this process until all of the milk has been added.
- Add parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper to desired taste (for related recipe 'Delicious Lactose-free Beef Lasagne' keeping this light and less salty will make for a more scrumptious result).
- Keep on low heat until desired thickness is achieved. Serve immediately.