VN:R_U [1.9.22_1171]Lamb Yiro (Gyro) Kebab,
Lamb Yiro Kebab
- Yield: 4 kebabs (4 Servings)
- Ready In:
A deliciously healthy taste of the Mediterranean.
- 600 g lamb lean cut, 3cm cubed
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 4 large wraps Mediterranean or wheat
- 200 g hummus
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 tomato thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado thinly sliced
- 200 g tabouli
- 1/2 cup cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sweet chilli or BBQ sauce
- Combine the lamb, lemon juice, paprika, oregano, garlic and 1 tbsp oil in a medium glass or ceramic bowl. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, place a wrap on a plate and spread a thin layer to cover the surface of the wrap with hummus.
- Down the centre of a wrap, layer baby spinach, tomato, avocado, tabouli and cheese. Repeat for remaining wraps and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the lamb and cook, turning occasionally, for 1-2 minutes or until brown all over and cooked to your liking.
- Distribute lamb pieces over the cheese layer of the wraps. Add your sauce of choice. Roll up to enclose the filling.