- Yield: 8 scones (4 Servings)
- Ready In:
A high-tea favourite that'll rise to the occasion.
- 2 cup self-raising flour sifted
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup thickened cream light or full-fat
- 1/2 cup lemonade (sprite) sugar-full or sugar-free
- 2 tbsp light milk
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Lightly grease a baking tray.
- Place the flour, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add the cream and lemonade and mix to form a soft dough. Lightly dust your hands with flour. Turn out onto a floured workbench and knead lightly until just combined.
- Press the dough with your hands to a thickness of about 2cm. Use a 6cm round cutter to cut out 8 scones or cut into triangles. Place on baking tray and brush the tops with some milk.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned. Serve warm with your favourite jam and whipped thickened cream.