VN:F [1.9.22_1171]One Pan Mexican Chicken Quinoa,
One Pan Mexican Chicken Quinoa
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
So much goodness in 1 pan.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large chicken breast diced into 1cm cubes
- salt and black pepper to season
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper minced
- 1 cup white quinoa uncooked
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock (substitute: vegetable broth/stock)
- 15 oz canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 14.5 oz canned fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 avocado halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup lime juice (or Juice of 1 lime)
- fresh coriander chopped, to garnish
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 min each side or until fully cooked through. Remove chicken from pan.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and jalapeno, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder, cumin and chicken; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Stir in avocado, lime juice and cilantro.