VN:R_U [1.9.22_1171]Pear, banana and cinnamon pikelets,
Pear, banana and cinnamon pikelets
- Yield: 16 pikelets (4 Servings)
- Ready In:
I was looking for a recipe to use the overripe fruits in the fridge. This one did just that and is healthy too! You can also add apple, dark chocolate chips and nuts, if you so desire... we did!
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp caster sugar (superfine)
- 3/4 cup light milk
- 40 g butter unsalted, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 banana ripe, mashed
- 1/2 pear ripe, finely chopped (one whole if you omit apple)
- 1/2 apple granny smith, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- olive oil cooking spray
- light yoghurt (any flavour you desire)
- Combine flour, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Combine milk, butter and vanilla in a jug. Add to flour mixture. Whisk until smooth. Stir in banana, pear, apple, choc chips. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Spoon tablespoons of batter into pan to make 4 pikelets. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter to make 16 pikelets. Serve with yoghurt.