Pepperoni Stuffed Mushrooms
- Yield: 24 mushrooms (6 Servings)
- Ready In:
A delicious accompaniment and party finger food.
- 24 large button mushrooms washed thoroughly, stems removed and finely chopped, caps set aside
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 0.75 cup pepperoni finely diced
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 0.5 cup ritz crackers crushed
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese shredded
- 0.25 tsp dried oregano
- 0.75 cup chicken stock liquid
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 165C (325F). Lightly grease a baking sheet. Line mushroom caps as a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the mushroom stems, onion, pepperoni, and garlic to the butter and cook until the onions are tender.
- Stir in the cracker crumbs, parmesan cheese, oregano, salt, pepper, and chicken broth; remove from heat and allow to cool to the touch.
- Stuff the mushroom caps with the pepperoni mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling is hot and mushrooms are cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.