VN:R_U [1.9.22_1171]Piri-Piri Chicken and Beef Quinoa Salad,
Piri-Piri Chicken and Beef Quinoa Salad
- Yield: 1 large salad (4 Servings)
- Ready In:
Quinoa (pronouced keen-wah) is a delicious edible seed from South America that's taking over the health food aisles in Sydney. Try this delicious salad for a light summer's dinner meal.
- 1 chicken breast large, thinly sliced diagonally
- 400 g steak thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 cup piri-piri sauce (We used Nando's)
- 1 small kumera diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup white quinoa
- 6 button mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 8 iceburg lettuce leaves sliced
- 1 lebanese cucumber diced
- 1/4 red capsicum diced
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/2 avocado diced
- Rinse quinoa through a fine-mesh strainer 3 times to remove bitterness. Place in a small saucepan and cover with 1 cup of water. Bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10mins or until quinoa is tender. Drain and rest for 10min in pan.
- Marinate chicken and beef each in 1/2 cup of sauce. Cover and place in fridge for 30min.
- Place kumera on a foil-lined baking tray. Drizzle with honey and 2tbsp oil. Place in preheated oven for 20min or until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 min until golden brown on both sides. Remove from heat.
- In a large salad bowl, layer lettuce, quinoa, cucumber, capsicum, tomato, avocado and mushrooms.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil to large frying pan at high heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 min. Move to one side of pan. Add beef and cook for 3 min or until both meats are cooked. Add to salad, top with kumera and toss to serve.