Pumpkin, Spinach, Leek and Bacon No-crust Quiche
- Yield: 8 slices (4 Servings)
- Ready In:
This is perfect served with a leafy green salad on a hot Summer day.
- 700 g butternut pumpkin peeled, chopped into 2cm cubes
- olive oil spray
- 1 leek halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 100 g baby spinach leaves washed
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 0.25 cup light milk
- 1/2 cup vintage cheddar cheese grated (alternative: feta or ricotta)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the pumpkin on the lined tray and spray with olive oil spray. Season with pepper. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray lightly with olive oil spray to grease. Add bacon to the pan and cook for 5min until crispy on both sides.
- Add the leek and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5min or until soft. Add the garlic and stir for 1min. Add the spinach and cook for 3min or until the spinach just wilts.
- Line a 26 x 16cm slab pan with non-stick baking paper. Spread the pumpkin and leek mixture evenly over the base of the pan.
- Whisk together the eggs, egg whites and milk in a jug. Pour egg mixture evenly over pumpkin and leek mixture. Sprinkle evenly with basil and cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve with mixed salad leaves, if desired.