VN:R_U [1.9.22_1171]Shrimp & Cream Pasta,
Shrimp & Cream Pasta
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Cost: $10
- Ready In:
An easy, quick, delicious meal. Christy made it a few times while we were backpacking through New Zealand, and it's become a favorite.
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup red capsicum (optional) thinly sliced
- 1 handful shrimp peeled
- 300 ml thickened cream comes in a small carton
- 1/2 cup peas (optional) frozen
- 250 g noodles angel hair or other
- Brown the garlic in the butter, then add onions. When they begin to soften, add the mushrooms.
While the mushrooms cook, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Optional: Add the red capsicum.
- When mushrooms are nearly done, add shrimp, making sure they are touching the bottom of the pan. Flip shrimp until they achieve desired color and texture.
- Add whipping cream (optional: add frozen peas) and cover.
Reduce heat and cook for about 5-10 minutes further.
- Serve over angel hair pasta. Works great with corn on the cob.