Sweet Chilli Mayo Chicken Turkish Melt
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
The greatest thing about this melt is that just about any vegetable tastes great inside it. It's delicious for lunch or dinner! You may just need a serviette or 2 to eat this one!
- 4 leaves lettuce iceburg, cos or any large leaf
- 1 cup cheddar or mozzarella cheese shredded or sliced
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1/2 lebanese cucumber thinly sliced
- 200 g sliced beetroot canned
- 1 avocado halved, deseeded & sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded or flaked
- 1/2 roast chicken pre-roasted
- 1/4 cup miracle whip (alternatively: reduced-fat, whole-egg mayonnaise)
- 1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce
- Preheat oven to 160C (320F). Line a large baking tray with aluminium foil.
- Cut turkish bread into quarters. Slice each section horizontally through the middle to reveal the soft inside bread. Place each pair of slices open on the tray.
- For step 3, distribute 1/4 of each ingredient quantity listed to each of the 4 sandwiches.
On the top half of the bread, spread the cheddar/mozzarella cheese. On the bottom half of the bread, layer tomato, cucumber, beetroot, avocado, red capsicum and parmesan cheese.
- Bake sandwiches open on tray for 10min or until cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, remove chicken (and stuffing, if you enjoy this part) from bones and place in a medium bowl. Using 2 forks, shred the chicken and stir in miracle whip and sweet chilli sauce.
- Remove sandwiches from oven, top bottom-half with chicken mix and lettuce. Place the top half on the sandwich and enjoy!