VN:R_U [1.9.22_1171]The Best Banana Bread,
The Best Banana Bread
- Yield: 1 loaf
- Ready In:
I've made so many different versions of this bread and it's always a hit.
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cup bananas overripe and mashed (3-4 bananas)
- 2 cup plain flour (white or wholemeal)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 apple / pear coarsely chopped (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F). Butter and flour one 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Cream margarine and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, then bananas. Add flour and baking soda, stirring just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips (and apple/pear, if desired).
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour (or till toothpick comes out clean). Remove from pan and let cool, store in an airtight container, refrigerator or freezer.