VN:R_U [1.9.22_1171]Waikiki Chicken,
Really tasty and easy Hawaiian/oriental flavored dish. Reminds me somewhat of a sweet/sour flavor.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 chicken breast cut into chunks
- 0.5 tsp ginger
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp garlic
- 0.25 tsp paprika
- 0.25 tsp red pepper
- 0.5 tsp adobo seasoning
- 0.5 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 0.5 cup brown sugar packed
- 15 oz pineapple chunks 1 can, drained, with juice reserved
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/3 cup green pepper chopped
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large, deep frying pan on medium-high heat. Put cut-up chicken in pan. Coat with spices and toss. Cook chicken until brown.
- In small bowl or mixer bottle, combine cornstarch, brown sugar, reserved pineapple juice, vinegar and soy sauce. Mix until smooth, then pour into pan with chicken.
- Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils, about 5 min. Stir in the green pepper and pineapple chunks and cook another 5 min. Serve over white rice.