Warm Roast Vegetable and Chicken Couscous Salad
- Yield: 1 large salad (4 Servings)
- Ready In:
Delicious on a lovely spring day. Enjoy on it's own or as a side salad.
- 2 large carrots thickly sliced, diagonally
- 1 large kumera peeled, halved longways and thickly sliced
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 red onion peeled and quartered
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large chicken breast halved longways, thickly sliced
- poultry seasoning (or any seasoning that is suitable for chicken)
- 1 cup instant couscous
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Spread carrots, kumera, capsicum and red onion (with layers intact) as a single layer on the tray. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle honey and 3/4 of the olive oil over top. Toss to coat. Bake for 30min or until tender.
- Meanwhile, toss couscous in a heatproof bowl with butter, spices, sultanas and salt. Stir in 400ml boiling water until combine. Cover with plastic wrap and stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Heat remaining oil on a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add chicken and season with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook for 4min each side until brown and cooked through. Set aside.
- Add lemon juice, parsley, coriander, baked vegetables and chicken to couscous bowl. Stir through to mix and serve.