Amazing Whisky Grilled Baby Back Ribs
- Yield: 4 half racks (4 Servings)
- Ready In:
Since Lelan was a little boy, his favourite birthday meal has always been a juicy rack of ribs. After making it for his 22nd birthday, Lelan couldn't help but rub his tummy and smile with glee. Thanks Mom for this recipe!
- 2 racks baby back pork ribs 2 pound (900g) each
- salt and black pepper (To season)
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder ground
- 2.25 tbsp vegetable oil
- 0.5 onion chopped
- 1.5 cup water
- 0.5 cup tomato paste
- 0.5 cup white vinegar
- 0.5 cup brown sugar
- 2.5 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp black pepper coarsely ground
- 0.25 tsp liquid smoke flavouring
- 2 tsp whiskey
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 0.25 tsp paprika
- 0.5 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp dark molasses
- 0.5 tbsp red chilli powder ground
- Preheat oven to 300F (150C).
- Cut each full rack of ribs in half (to make 4 half-racks). Sprinkle salt and black pepper (more pepper than salt), and 1 tbsp red chilli powder over meat. Wrap each half rack in aluminium foil. Bake for 2.5 hours.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onions in oil for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add water, tomato paste, vinegar, brown sugar, honey and Worcestershire sauce. Season with 2 tsp salt, 0.25 tsp black pepper, liquid smoke, whiskey, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, dark molasses and 0.5 tbsp red chilli powder.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer for 1.25 hours, uncovered, or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and set sauce aside.
- When ribs are ready, remove ribs from oven and let stand for 10min. Meanwhile, preheat an outdoor BBQ/grill for high heat.
- Remove racks from foil and place on the BBQ/grill. BBQ the ribs for 3-4min on each side. Brush sauce on the ribs while they are grilling but just before you serve them (adding it too early will burn them).