VN:R_U [1.9.22_1171]Basic Crêpes,
- Yield: 4-5 crepes
- Ready In:
This was the first meal that my Mum taught me to cook. It's a Sunday brunch staple in our family. They're the most versatile wrap in the world and can be eaten at any time of the day, with anything in it!
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the flour and make a well in the centre. Crack the egg into the centre and with a balloon whisk, whisk the egg. Whisk the flour and egg together to form a thick dough.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring to thoroughly combine (this will minimise lumps in your mixture). The end result will be a liquid slightly thicker than the consistency of milk. If not, add slightly more milk.
- Heat a non-stick crêpe pan and spray thinly with oil. When pan is hot, lift the pan of the heat and use a shallow ladle to spoon mixture onto pan. In a quick, swift motion, move the pan in a circular motion to thinly and evenly spread the mixture. Place back on the heat.
- When air bubbles begin to form on on the crêpe, flip the crêpe. Again, when air bubbles begin to form, remove crêpe from pan.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 until all of the mixture has been used. Serve with any toppings you desire.
- Note: You can add toppings to melt/heat (eg cheese or chocolate) while it is on the pan.