VN:R_U [1.9.22_1171]Chicken & Brunswick Stew,
Chicken & Brunswick Stew
- Yield: 10 Servings
A hearty Southern specialty that's easy to serve to a large crowd. Great frozen as well!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp beef bouillon
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 12 oz. can corn white or yellow
- 1 10 oz. package frozen cream-style corn thawed, or 1 can
- 1 9 oz. package frozen baby lima beans or 1 can
- 1 12 oz. bottle chili sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- .5 tsp ground pepper
- 1 lb BBQ pork chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- hot sauce optional
- Heat oil in medium frying pan on medium heat. Saute onions and garlic in oil until tender; place in crockpot.
- Stir together beef bouillon and 2 c. warm water and add to onions and garlic.
- Add chicken and next 9 ingredients to crockpot.
- About 1 hour before serving, stir in BBQ meat and lemon juice.
- Serve with hot sauce if desired.