Delicious Lactose-free Beef Lasagne
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- Ready In:
This is a light lasagne recipe that will have everyone coming back for more.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion small, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 600 g beef mince lean
- 737 g bottled tomato pasta sauce (I used 'Classico Tomato & Basil')
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 250 g dried lasagne sheets
- 2 cup lactose-free thickened cream (alternative: see related recipe - Lactose-free Bechamel Sauce)
- 2 cup cheddar or mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 8 minutes or until browned.
- Add sauce, wine and sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally for 40 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, if using 'Lactose-free Bechamel Sauce' related recipe, prepare while meat is simmering.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Lightly grease a 7cm-deep, 25 square cm (base) baking dish.
- Spoon 1/2 cup mince mixture over base of dish. Arrange one quarter of pasta sheets over meat mixture, breaking sheets to fit. Spoon one-third of the remaining mince mixture over pasta. Drizzle with one-quarter of the cream/bechamel sauce. Sprinkle with one-quarter of the cheddar or mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining pasta sheets, cream and cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with parmesan. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender and cheese golden. Stand for 10 minutes before serving.