Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Cabernet Mustard Reduction Sauce
This recipe makes enough sauce to save and make again or to make 3-4 tenderloins easily for a party. The recipe is very easy and gets better as the meat soaks in the sauce so leftovers are extra yummy! This recipe is good with sides that benefit from the sauce such as mashed potatoes or couscous.
- 3 pork tenderloins 12 oz or so each
- 2 cup cabernet sauvignon
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rub the tenderloins with salt and pepper and grill or pan-sear/roast until done. Cover with tin foil and let rest. Cut into 1/4 inch medallions.
- While the meat is cooking, reduce 2 cups of cabernet sauvignon over high heat to about 1/2 of volume, stirring occasionally (approximately 10 minutes, but depends on stove)
- Add 1 cup of chicken stock and reduce over high heat to about 2/3 of volume, stirring occasionally (approximately 8 minutes)
- Reduce to low heat and stir in 2 Tbls. of mustard
- Remove from heat and salt and pepper to taste
- Keep warm and pour over sliced pork.