- Yield: 6 x 6oz ramekins (6 Servings)
- Ready In:
There's a delicious surprise waiting for you inside each and every one of these.
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 140 g dark chocolate (5oz) good quality = 40-70%
- 8 tbsp butter unsalted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp nutella
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter and then add chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted and incorporated. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat eggs, vanilla, sugar and salt until pale yellow, about 5 minutes. Beat in melted chocolate mixture. Stir in flour mixture.
- Spoon half of batter into six, 6oz (170g), ramekins that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Drop 1 Tablespoon of Nutella into centre of each. Cover with remaining batter.
- Begin preheating the oven to 170C (350F). Place a roasting pan in the oven and add a 1-2cm (or 1/2”) of hot water to the pan. When oven is hot, transfer ramekins to the roasting pan. Bake until cakes have risen and are cracked on top, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve warm.