One-pot Chorizo and Prawn Fideos
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
This is so easy to make and even easier to clean up!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 16 green prawns uncooked, peeled, deveined, heads removed, tails intact
- 1 chorizo sausage casing removed, halved, sliced diagonally and thinly
- 1 red onion halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 350 g spaghetti pasta uncooked, broken in half
- 1 cup passata
- 4 chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 1 L water (4 cups)
- 2 bay leaves dried
- 0.25 cup fresh parsley chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- aïoli/parmesan cheese (if desired)
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Cook the prawns for 1 minute each side or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Add the chorizo and onion to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the chorizo is golden and the onion is soft. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add the paprika and spaghetti, and stir to coat. Add the passata, stock cubes, water and bay leaves. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for the time allocated on the spaghetti packet or until al dente and the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the prawns and parsley to the spaghetti mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with aïoli or parmesan cheese, if desired.