VN:R_U [1.9.22_1171]The Au Family Hoisin Chicken and Potato,
The Au Family Hoisin Chicken and Potato
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
This is a family favourite, passed down the generations through different countries. The secret is... don't let it dry out!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 chicken breasts sliced 1cm thick
- 3 large potatoes cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a deep/wok-style non-stick frying pan on high. When the oil is hot, add the hoisin sauce and stir for 3 seconds.
- Add chicken breasts and stir for 2 mins until chicken is coated and outside is cooked. Add potatoes to the pan and stir.
- Cover 3/4 of the chicken and potatoes with boiling water. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover for 15mins.
- Every 5 min, check the water level and stir. Add water if necessary (you'll want the thickened gravy over your rice).
- In the last 5 min, add soy sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Ensure potatoes are cooked before serving over rice with green Chinese vegetables.